CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
SWITCH, EMERGENCY STOP
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Test the Washer Emergency Stop Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Switch the washer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Unlock and open control panel (Figure 1, Item 1).
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from switch (Figure 1, Item 2).
The emergency stop switch is a double pole double throw (DPDT) switch controlling
two separate circuits. Both legs of the switch must be tested separately.
4. Depress switch (Figure 1, Item 2) to open circuit, and use an ohmmeter to test for infinite resistance.
6. Replace a switch (Figure 1, Item 2) that fails either test.
7. Reconnect wiring as tagged.
8. Close and lock control panel (Figure 1, Item 1).
9. Reconnect power and monitor for normal operation.