CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
VALVE, MAIN DRAIN
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Test the Washer Main Drain Valve
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is extremely heavy. Use caution when lifting and blocking the washer, and
do not allow unnecessary personnel in the immediate area while it is being moved.
Serious injury or death may result if safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is a large, heavy piece of machinery being moved out of a confined space.
Before removal and installation, remove or protect any equipment that might be damaged
by the washer on its way in or out.
2. Tag and disconnect wiring from valve motor (Figure 1, Item 1).
3. Use an ohmmeter to check for 135 to 145 ohms resistance between motor leads (Figure 1, Item 2).
4. Use an ohmmeter to check for infinite resistance between each motor lead (Figure 1, Item 2) and
5. Replace an open motor (Figure 1, Item 1) or a motor which has shorted to ground.
6. Loosen and remove the clamps retaining the hoses (Figure 1, Item 3) to the valve (Figure 1, Item 1)
and remove the hoses.