Replace the Washer Variable Frequency Drive Cooling Fan
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is extremely heavy. Use caution when lifting and blocking the washer, and
do not allow unnecessary personnel in the immediate area while it is being moved.
Serious injury or death may result if safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is a large, heavy piece of machinery being moved out of a confined space.
Before removal and installation, remove or protect any equipment that might be damaged
by the washer on its way in or out.
For Washer No. 2, steps 1 and 8 may be omitted. There is also no need to remove the
back, side, or top panels to perform this maintenance task.
2. Remove screws retaining inverter box cover (Figure 5, Item 1) and remove cover.
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from fan (Figure 5, Item 2).
4. Remove bolts, washers and nuts retaining fan (Figure 5, Item 2) to cover (Figure 5, Item 1), and
5. Install replacement fan (Figure 5, Item 2), and retain with bolts, washers, and nuts.
6. Connect wiring to fan (Figure 5, Item 2).
7. Install inverter box cover (Figure 5, Item 1), and retain with screws.