The shock absorber mounting bolts may be installed by power tools at the manufacturer.
Always use the correct tools to loosen the mounting hardware an open end wrench and
a box wrench or socket. If the mounting hardware cannot be removed, refer the
procedure to the next higher maintenance level.
4. Apply penetrating oil to bolts retaining shock absorber (Figure 3, Item 6). Allow the penetrating oil to
soak for about 15 minutes
5. Remove bolts retaining shock absorber (Figure 3, Item 6), and remove shock absorber.
6. Install replacement shock absorbers (Figure 3, Item 6) and retain with bolts.
7. Remove shipping brackets. Refer to TM 10-3510-226-10 as necessary for information on installing
the shipping brackets.
9. Install the left front panel (Figure 3, Item 3) and the right front panel (Figure 3, Item 4), and retain