Test the Pump Motor
Ensure that all electrical power to the automatic soap dispenser is shut off and
disconnected before proceeding. The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel
following this procedure. Serious injury or death can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
Many maintenance procedures on the Automatic Soap Dispenser are easier to carry out
if the unit is removed from the CBL wall. Refer to the procedure on replacement of the
entire unit for details on removal and installation of the Automatic Soap Dispenser.
1. Disconnect power from the automatic soap dispenser.
2. Unlatch key lock and remove cover (Figure 2, Item 2).
3. Tag and disconnect the wiring from the pump (Figure 2, Item 4).
4. Use an ohmmeter to test for 25 ohms resistance between the motor leads (Figure 2, Item 5).
5. Use an ohmmeter to test for infinite resistance between each motor lead (Figure 2, Item 3) and
6. Replace a pump (Figure 2, Item 4) with an open motor, or a motor that has shorted to ground.
7. Connect the wiring to the pump (Figure 2, Item 4) as tagged.
8. Install cover (Figure 2, Item 2) and latch.
9. Connect power, and monitor for normal operation.