CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
DRYER SWITCH, AIRFLOW
TEST, ADJUST, REPAIR
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Test the Dryer Airflow Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Switch dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove the switch guard retaining screws and remove switch guard (Figure 1, Item 1).
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from switch (Figure 1, Item 2).
4. Use an ohmmeter to check for 0 ohms resistance across switch terminals when switch lever is raised.
5. Use an ohmmeter to check for infinite ohms resistance across switch terminals when switch lever is
6. Replace a switch (Figure 1, Item 2) that fails either test.
7. Reconnect wiring as tagged.
8. Install switch guard (Figure 1, Item 1), and retain with screws.
9. Monitor for normal operation.