CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Test the Fan Contactor
Ensure that all electrical power to the dryer is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this
procedure. Serious injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove screws retaining contactor box cover, and remove cover.
3. Locate the fan contactor (Figure 1, Item 1).
Use extreme caution when testing live electrical components. Serious injury or death can
result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
4. Connect power and operate dryer.
5. Check for 210 VAC across primary terminals L1, L2, and L3 (Figure 1, Item 2). If no voltage is
present, refer to WP 0010 for dryer troubleshooting procedures.
6. Use a voltmeter to check for 210 VAC across secondary terminals T1 and T2 (Figure 1, Item 3).
7. Disconnect power to dryer at the circuit breaker.
8. Disconnect the white and red wires (Figure 1, Item 4) from the contactor control circuit, and use an
ohmmeter to test for 3 to 5 ohms across the two terminals. Replace an open contactor.
9. Reconnect the white and red wires (Figure 1, Item 4) to the contactor control circuit terminals.
10. Install contactor box cover and retain with screws.