Replace the Reversing Contactor
Ensure that all electrical power to the dryer is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this
procedure. Serious injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove screws retaining contactor box cover and remove cover.
Wiring may also be replaced one for one from the contactors to the replacement
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from contactors (Figure 5, Item 6).
The reversing contactor, though comprised of two separate contactors, is replaced as an
4. Remove screws retaining contactors (Figure 5, Item 6) and remove contactors as an assembly.
5. Install replacement contactors (Figure 5, Item 6) and retain with screws.
6. Connect wiring to replacement contactors (Figure 5, Item 6) as tagged.
7. Install contactor box cover, and retain with screws.
8. Connect power, operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal