Replace a Heat Contactor
Ensure that all electrical power to the dryer is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this
procedure. Serious injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove screws retaining accessory box cover, and remove cover.
Wiring may also be replaced one for one from the contactor to the replacement contactor.
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from contactor (Figure 6, Item 7).
4. Remove screws retaining contactor (Figure 6, Item 7) and remove contactor.
5. Install replacement contactor (Figure 6, Item 7) and retain with screws.
6. Connect wiring to replacement contactor (Figure 6, Item 7) as tagged.
7. Install accessory box cover, and retain with screws.
8. Connect power, operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal