Test the Lint Compartment Thermistor
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
If the thermistor shorts or if the dryer internal temperature exceeds 200 oF, an alarm will
sound on the dryer and SH will be shown on the dryer display. If this occurs, press
STOP/RESET twice within 3 seconds, and then press ON/SELECT. If SH still shows on
the display, replace the thermistor.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove lint panel.
3. Remove screws retaining thermistor bracket (Figure 2, Item 2) and remove thermistor and bracket as
4. Remove screws retaining thermistor guard (Figure 2, Item 3) and remove guard.
5. Tag and disconnect wiring from thermistor (Figure 2, Item 4).
7. Replace a shorted thermistor (Figure 2, Item 4).
8. Reconnect wiring to thermistor (Figure 2, Item 4) as tagged.
9. Install thermistor guard (Figure 2, Item 3) and retain with screws.
10. Install thermistor (Figure 2, Item 4) and bracket (Figure 2, Item 2) as an assembly and retain with
11. Install lint panel.
12. Switch the circuit breaker to ON and monitor for normal operation.