Test the High Limit Thermostat
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
Ensure dryer has completely cooled before testing.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove the top front panel of the dryer using the dryer key.
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from thermostat (Figure 3, Item 5).
5. Replace a malfunctioning thermostat (Figure 3, Item 5).
6. Reconnect wiring to thermostat (Figure 3, Item 5) as tagged.
7. Install top front panel.
8. Switch the circuit breaker to ON and monitor for normal operation.