Test the Thermostat
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
Ensure dryer has completely cooled before testing.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove lint panel.
3. Remove screws retaining thermostat bracket assembly (Figure 4, Item 6) and remove thermostat
and bracket as an assembly.
4. Remove screws retaining thermostat guard (Figure 4, Item 7) and remove guard.
5. Tag and disconnect wiring from thermostat (Figure 4, Item 5).
7. Replace a malfunctioning thermostat (Figure 4, Item 5).
8. Connect wiring to thermostat (Figure 4, Item 5) as tagged.
9. Install thermostat guard (Figure 4, Item 7) and retain with screws.
10. Install thermostat (Figure 4, Item 5) and bracket (Figure 4, Item 6) as an assembly and retain with
11. Install lint panel.
12. Switch the circuit breaker to ON and monitor for normal operation.