Replace the Dryer Lint Panel Switch
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove lint panel.
3. Remove screws retaining switch bracket (Figure 8, Item 13), and remove bracket from dryer.
4. Tag and disconnect wiring from switch (Figure 8, Item 1).
5. Remove switch (Figure 8, Item 2) from bracket (Figure 8, Item 13) by gently prying switch from
6. Install replacement switch (Figure 8, Item 1) into bracket retaining clips.
7. Connect wiring to replacement switch (Figure 8, Item 1) as tagged.
8. Install bracket (Figure 8, Item 13) onto dryer and retain with screws.
9. Install lint panel.
10. Switch the circuit breaker to ON and monitor for normal operation.