Replace the Dryer Emergency Stop Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Switch the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove top front panel (Figure 3, Item 1) and the lint compartment panel (Figure 3, Item 2).
3. Open control panel (Figure 3, Item 3).
4. Remove the screws retaining the door (Figure 3, Item 4) and remove the door.
Remove the bottom screws retaining the dryer front first, then the side screws, and then
the top screws.
The emergency stop switch and door switch will still be connected to the dryer front.
5. Remove screws retaining dryer front (Figure 3, Item 5) and remove dryer front.
6. Tag and disconnect wiring from switch (Figure 4, Item 6).
7. Remove switch (Figure 4, Item 6) by lifting switch release lever (Figure 4, Item 7) and separating the
two switch halves.
8. Install replacement switch (Figure 4, Item 6).
9. Reconnect wiring as tagged.
10. Install dryer front (Figure 3, Item 5) and retain with screws
11. Close control panel (Figure 3, Item 3)
12. Install door (Figure 3, Item 4) and retain with screws.
13. Install top front panel (Figure 3, Item 1) and lint compartment panel (Figure 3, Item 2).
14. Connect power, operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal