CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove the screws retaining the perforated element guard, and remove the guard.
3. Tag and disconnect the wiring from the element terminals (Figure 1, Item 1). Reinstall the terminal
nuts (Figure 1, Item 2) for testing.
4. Use an ohmmeter to check for 4 ohms resistance between element terminals (Figure 1, Item 1) as
indicated in Figure 1.
5. Use an ohmmeter to test for infinite resistance between each element terminal (Figure 1, Item 1) and
6. Replace elements that are open or shorted.
7. Remove terminal nuts (Figure 1, Item 2) and reconnect wiring as tagged.
8. Install perforated element guard, and retain with screws.
9. Connect power, operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal