CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
DRYER BELTS, DRIVE
INSPECT, ADJUST, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Inspect the Dryer Drive Belts
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
Ensure that the dryer power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. Rotating
machinery and belts may snag fingers, hair, or clothing. Failure to observe safety
precautions may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove screws retaining belt guard and remove belt guard.
3. Inspect each belt (Figure 1, Item 1) for approximately -inch deflection.
4. Inspect each belt (Figure 1, Item 1) for glazing, cuts, and shredding.
5. Adjust belts (Figure 1, Item 1) with improper deflection.
6. Replace belts (Figure 1, Item 1) with physical damage or which cannot be adjusted.
7. Install belt guard, and retain with screws.
8. Connect power, operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal