CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
MOTOR, CYLINDER DRIVE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Test the Cylinder Drive Motor
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
Ensure that the dryer power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. Rotating
machinery and belts may snag fingers, hair, or clothing. Failure to observe safety
precautions may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove screws retaining junction box cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove junction box cover.
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from motor (Figure 1, Item 2).
5. Use an ohmmeter to check for infinite resistance between each motor terminal and ground.
6. Replace an open or shorted motor (Figure 1, Item 2).
7. Reconnect wiring as tagged.
8. Install junction box cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and retain with screws.