Test the Fan Motor
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
Ensure that the dryer power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. Rotating
machinery and belts may snag fingers, hair, or clothing. Failure to observe safety
precautions may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove screws retaining contactor box cover and remove cover.
3. Locate the fan contactor (Figure 1, Item 3).
4. Tag and disconnect wires (Figure 1, Item 4) from T1 and T2.
5. Use an ohmmeter to test for 4 ohms resistance between disconnected wires (Figure 1, Item 4).
6. Use an ohmmeter to test for infinite resistance between each disconnected wire (Figure 1, Item 4)
7. Replace an open or shorted motor.
8. Connect wiring (Figure 1, Item 4) as tagged.
9. Install contactor box cover and retain with screws.
10. Connect power, operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for normal