Test the Thermostat
Ensure that all electrical power to the boiler is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
Allow the boiler and any associated hot water pipe, tubing or fixtures to cool at least 30
minutes before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Switch the boiler off at circuit breaker No. 22, and allow the boiler to cool for at least 30 minutes
2. Slide the thermostat cover (Figure 3, Item 5) up and remove the cover.
3. Tag and disconnect the wiring from the thermostat terminals (Figure 3, Item 6).
4. Ensure the dial (Figure 3, Item 7) has been set for approximately 205 oF.
5. Use an ohmmeter to test for continuity between the two terminals (Figure 3, Item 6). There should
6. Reconnect the wiring to the terminals (Figure 3, Item 6) as tagged.
7. Install the thermostat cover (Figure 3, Item 5).
8. Switch the boiler on at circuit breaker No. 22, and operate the boiler for at least 30 minutes IAW
procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.
9. Monitor for normal operation.