CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment
Table 2, Item 6)
Repairer 63J (1)
CBL set up
Test the Draft Inducer Motor
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off to the boiler and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
Allow the boiler and any associated hot water pipe, tubing or fixtures to cool at least 30
minutes before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching the circuit breaker No. 22 to OFF.
2. Remove screws retaining junction box cover (Figure 1, Item 1), and remove cover.
3. Tag and cut wiring (Figure 1, Item 2).
4. Use an ohmmeter to test for 0 - 10 ohms resistance between motor leads (Figure 1, Item 2).
5. Use an ohmmeter to test for infinite resistance between each motor lead (Figure 1, Item 2) and
6. Connect wiring (Figure 1, Item 2) as tagged.
7. Install junction box cover (Figure 1, Item 1), and retain with screws.
8. Connect power and monitor for normal operation.