Replace the Draft Inducer
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off to the boiler and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
Allow the boiler and any associated hot water pipe, tubing or fixtures to cool at least 30
minutes before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
Use eye protection, gloves, and a dust mask when performing this procedure. The
insulating gasket is fiberglass and can cause eye, skin, and respiratory system injury to
personnel if adequate precautions are not observed.
The fan volute remains in place for replacement of the fan unless physical damage to the
volute demands replacement of the fan as a whole.
1. Disconnect power by switching the circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Remove screws retaining junction box cover (Figure 2, Item 1), and remove cover.
3. Tag and cut wiring.
4. Remove locknut retaining conduit (Figure 2, Item 3) to junction box and remove conduit.
5. Remove screws retaining fan (Figure 3, Item 4) to fan volute (Figure 2, Item 5) and remove fan.
6. Remove screws retaining replacement fan (Figure 2, Item 4) to replacement fan volute (Figure 2,
Item 5) and remove replacement fan.
7. Remove screws retaining junction box cover (Figure 2, Item 1) to replacement fan (Figure 2, Item 4),
and remove cover.
8. Knock out junction box penetration for conduit, if necessary.
9. Install conduit (Figure 2, Item 3) into junction box, and retain with locknut.