CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
CBL set up.
Replace the Heat Exchanger
Allow the boiler and any associated hot water pipe, tubing or fixtures to cool at least 30
minutes before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breakers to OFF.
2. Drain system.
3. Remove screws retaining guard (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove guard.
4. Unscrew unions (Figure 1, Item 2) and remove heat exchanger (Figure 1, Item 3).
5. Desolder union halves from heat exchanger (Figure 1, Item 3).
6. Solder union halves to heat exchanger (Figure 1, Item 3).
7. Install heat exchanger (Figure 1, Item 3) and secure with unions (Figure 1, Item 2).
8. Install guard (Figure 1, Item 1) and retain with screws.
9. Fill system, connect power, and monitor for normal operation.