CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
CBL set up
Replace a Mixing Valve
Allow the boiler and any associated hot water pipe, tubing or fixtures to cool at least 30
minutes before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect the power by switching the circuit breakers off.
2. Drain boiler of glycol. Retain glycol in an approved container for refill.
3. Remove the guard.
4. Unscrew unions (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove mixing valve (Figure 1, Item 2).
5. Install the replacement mixing valve (Figure 1, Item 2) and secure with unions (Figure 1, Item 1).
6. Install the guard.
Antifreeze used in the following procedure is highly toxic. Wear appropriate protective
clothing when handling antifreeze/glycol. If antifreeze contacts eyes or skin, flush the
affected area immediately with clean water and seek medical attention.
Do not make substitutions for the antifreeze. The use of antifreeze other than the type
identified in the Expendable and Durable List may decrease performance. Failure to
comply may shorten the life span of the equipment.
7. Refill system with ethylene glycol, and connect power IAW TM 10-3510-226-10.