DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
Unspecified lifting equipment, 5000-lb minimum
CBL set up.
Replace the Dryer
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
Dryer No. 2 must be removed from the CBL before replacing Dryer No. 1.
1. Disconnect power from CBL.
2. Remove all items from TEMPER and strike or move TEMPER IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-
3. Remove screws retaining junction box cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove junction box cover.
4. Tag and disconnect wiring from dryer.
5. Remove conduit locknut and remove conduit (Figure 1, Item 2).
6. Remove hose clamp retaining duct (Figure 1, Item 3) to dryer (Figure 2, Item 4) and disconnect duct
7. Remove lint compartment panel (Figure 2, Item 5).
8. Remove bolts (Figure 2, Item 6) retaining dryer (Figure 2, Item 4) to CBL deck.
9. Use a forklift to move dryer (Figure 2, Item 4) to center of CBL operating area.
10. Remove dryer (Figure 2, Item 4) from CBL.