2-12. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR DARNING SEWING MACHINE - continued.
g. Catching the Bobbin Thread.
(1) Raise the presser foot (1) by depressing foot pedal (2) to its raised position.
(2) With the left hand, hold the end of the needle thread with a little slack.
(3) With the right hand, turn the hand wheel down toward you until the needle moves from its highest
position down and back up to its highest position. If the needle thread is correctly timed, it will
catch the bobbin thread.
(4) Draw up the needle thread, and the bobbin thread will come up with it through the hole in the
(5) Pull the end of the bobbin thread entirely through the hole. Lay both threads back under the
presser foot (1).
(6) Release presser foot (1) by releasing foot pedal (2).