2-13. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR BUTTON SEWING MACHINE - continued.
d. To Regulate the Thread Tension.
(1) To increase thread tension, turn thumb nut (1) clockwise. To decrease thread tension turn thumb nut
Ensure setscrew (7) is on the flat of the retainer.
(2) Face plate thread retainer (2) is adjustable. Remove screw (3) and nut (4), then loosen setscrew (7),
and move retainer (2) to the left for more tension; or to the right for less tension. Tighten setscrew
(7). Install screw (3) and nut (4).
e. To Adiust Pressure on the Button Clamp.
(1) Loosen nut (5) and turn screw (6) clockwise to increase the pressure; or counterclockwise to
decrease the pressure on the button clamp.
(2) Tighten nut (5).
f. To Adiust Button Clamp Opening.
Orientation of button holes should be parallel to the front edge of the machine
(1) By means of the button clamp opener (1), open the button clamp and place in the clamp jaws a
button (2) the size to be sewn.
(2) Loosen thumb screw (3) and move the adjusting lever (4) to a point where it just clears button stop
(3) After adjustment, tighten thumb screw (3).