2-13. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR BUTTON SEWING MACHINE - continued.
r. Through and Through Stitching Metal Shank Buttons.
Stop the motion of the feed carrier plate, as instructed in paragraph 2-13s.
(1) The figure below shows a metal shank button held in place in button holder and button finger with
work support for through and through stitching of metal shank buttons.
(2) Attach button holder (1) with screw (2). Set it with its opening coinciding accurately with the shank of
the button which is held in place by button finger (3).
(3) Button finger (3) is adjustable to left or right by means of thumb nut (4), and must be set to hold the
button shank firmly in its opening in the button holder. The self-shank button must be held by the
button finger (3) and button holder (1) in such position that the needle, on its left hand vibration, will
center in the needle hole of the button shank.
(4) Install work support (5) and secure with pin (6) and wingnut (7). Adjust button holder (1) over work
support (5) and adjust for proper height using screw (2).
(5) Adjust pin on work support (5) using screw (8) for proper position, if needed.
(6) When this machine is to be used for through and through stitching metal shank buttons with short
eyelets, button holder spring (9) is used.
(7) The spring (9) is fitted over the button holder which together, are attached to the clamp by means of
the screw (2).