12-18. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT - continued.
m. Connecting Trailer to Towing Vehicle.
(1) Screw in base plate to raise leg (1).
(2) Swivel leg (1) up until the lever (2) is locked into
(3) Lift the drawbar coupler (9) to the towing vehicle
pintle and latch the pintle.
(4) Unhook safety chain (7) from the lifting bars (8)
and hook safety chains (7) to the towing vehicle.
(5) Connect the intervehicular air hose (6) to the
towing vehicle. Open the towing vehicle air shut-off valve.
(6) Connect the intervehicular electrical cable (5) to
the towing vehicle.
(7) Crank caster (3) up using handle (4) as necessary
to connect trailer to unit.
(8) Raise caster (3) into position by pulling lever (2).
Check that the caster (3) is locked in the up position.
(9) Release both handbrakes (1) by pushing the