4-36. DARNING SEWING MACHINE THREAD GUIDES MAINTENANCE - continued .
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect thread stand for damage.
(3) Inspect spool pin for damage.
(4) Inspect thread retainer for damage.
(5) Inspect upper thread guide for damage.
(6) Inspect lower thread guide for damage.
(7) Inspect thread guide felt for damage (may be inspected without disassembly).
Repair. Repair of the thread guides is limited to the replacement of defective components
Assembly. Install thread guide felt (1) in thread guide (2).
(1) Install thread guide assembly (1) and secure with screw (2).
(2) Install lower thread guide (3) and secure with screw (4)
(3) Install upper thread guide (5) and secure with screw (6).
(4) Install thread retainer (7) and secure with setscrew (8).
(5) Screw spool pin (9) into place.