5-9. REAR DOOR ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE.
This task consists of a. Installed Item Inspection
Master Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix 13,
Equipment removed from compartment (para. 2-8)
Riveting Tool Set (Appendix B, Item 4)
Rag, Wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Sealing Compound (Appendix 1,, Item 7)
Detergent, General Purpose (Appendix F, Item 11)
Installed Item Inspection.
(1) Inspect for loose or missing hardware.
(2) Inspect hinge for rust, corrosion, damage, and loose fit to door.
(3) Inspect gasket for damage and deterioration.
(4) Inspect latches for rust, corrosion, damage, and loose fit to door.
(5) Inspect hasps for rust, corrosion,
damage, and loose fit to door.
(6) Inspect door for damage, rust, and
(1) Remove nut (1), washer (2), and screw
(3) that secures the stay (4) to the
(2) Swing the stay (4) away from the
(3) Remove other stay per steps (1) and (2)
(4) Remove the rivets (6) that secure the
door hinge (7) to the cabinet Do not
allow the door (5) to fall.
(5) Remove the door (5).