5-18. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE NEEDLE BAR AND THREAD TAKE-UP MAINTENANCE - continued.
Removal - continued.
(5) Remove screw (9) and remove level take up assembly (10).
(6) Remove setscrew (11) and shoulder screw (12) and remove crank assembly (13).
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a soft, clean cloth.
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin Use
only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect needle clamp for damage.
(3) Inspect needle bar for damage.
(4) Inspect connecting stud for damage.
(5) Inspect slide block for damage and uneven wear.
(6) Inspect connecting link for damage.
(7) Inspect crank assembly for damage.