5-18. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE NEEDLE BAR AND THREAD TAKE-UP MAINTENANCE - continued.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts.
Ensure that shoulder screw Is placed over shaft alignment hole.
(1) Install crank assembly (1). Secure with shoulder screw (2) and setscrew (3).
(2) Replace the slide block (4) by placing the connecting stud (5) through the crank assembly (1) making
sure the slide block (4) is in the groove and slides freely.
Screw (9) has left hand threads. Turn the screw counterclockwise to tighten.
(3) Install lever take up assembly (7) and secure with screw (9).
(4) Install connecting link (6) through take up assembly (7) and secure with setscrew (8) through casing.
Make sure the connecting link (6) is not placed in too far to inhibit free movement. Make sure that
setscrew (8) sits onto flat surface of connecting link (6).
(5) Install needle bar (10) through top and through connecting stud (5). Rotate needle bar so flat is on
left side of machine. Secure with setscrew (11).
(6) Install the needle clamp (12) with needle screw (13).
(7) Install lifting lever guard plate.