5-22. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE CRANK ROD MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect crank rod for damage.
(3) Inspect feed cam for damage
(4) Inspect slide fork slide block for damage
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components.