5-25. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE FEED AND FEED LIFTING MECHANISM MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
INITIAL SETUP :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Item 1)
Rag, wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix F, Item 8)
Stitch length regulating assembly removed (para.
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 1)
Race Shuttle assembly removed (para. 5-15)
Screws and nuts are located on opposite ends of the shaft.
(1) Remove two shaft screws (1), two nuts (2) and shaft (3).
(2) Mark the location of the crank (4) on shaft (3).
(3) Loosen screw (5) and remove crank (4).
Screws and nuts are located on opposite ends of the shaft
(4) Remove two shaft screws (6) and two nuts (7) and shaft (8).
(5) Remove two bar screws (9), two nuts (10) and feed bar (11).
(6) Remove two screws (12) and feed dog (13) from feed bar (11).