5-25. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE FEED AND FEED LIFTING MECHANISM MAINTENANCE -
(7) Mark the location of the crank (14) on shaft (8). Remove setscrew (15) and crank (14).
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable Keep
off skin. Use only in a well- ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of
vapors. Keep away from open flame
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect shaft for damage.
(3) Inspect crank for damage.
(4) Inspect feed dog for damage or excessive wear.
(5) Inspect feed bar for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components.