5-26. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE ROTATING SHUTTLE MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
INITIAL SETUP :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B,
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix F, Item 8)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 1)
Rag, wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Connecting Rod assembly
removed (para. 5-23)
Shuttle arm shaft assembly removed (para. 5-21)
Race shuttle assembly removed (para. 5-15)
Pin (4) is tapered and can only be removed from one side.
(1) Mark location of crank (1) on shuttle (2). Remove setscrew (3), pin (4) and crank (1) from shuttle (2).
(2) Remove nut (5) and driver (6).
(3) Mark location of carrier (8) on the shuttle (2).
(4) Remove two setscrews (7) and carrier (8).
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).