5-26. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE ROTATING SHUTTLE MAINTENANCE - continued.
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable.
Keep off skin. Use only in well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of
vapors. Keep away from open flame.
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect crank for damage.
(3) Inspect shuttle for damage and straightness.
(4) Inspect stud for damage.
(5) Inspect driver for damage.
(6) Inspect carrier for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts and the removal of burrs.