5-27. CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE BUSHING MAINTENANCE - continued.
Do not clean oil pad.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable.
Keep off skin. Use only in well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of
vapors. Keep away from open flame.
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect bushings for damage.
(3) Inspect pad for excessive wear.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts and the removal of burrs.