5-31. DARNING SEWING MACHINE ROTATING HOOK MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc , by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2)
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic
and flammable. Keep off skin. Use only in a well ventilated
area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2)
or a medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect bobbin for damage.
(3) Inspect the bobbin case for damage.
(4) Inspect the rotating hook for damage.
(5) Inspect hook saddle for damage.
(6) Inspect gear for damage.
Repair. Repair of the hook shaft assembly is limited to the replacement of defective components.