5-33. DARNING SEWING MACHINE OIL GUARD, NEEDLE BAR CRANK MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F,
Item 2) or a medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect belt for damage or excessive wear.
(3) Inspect needle bar crank assembly for damage.
(4) Inspect pulley for damage.
(5) Inspect shaft arm bearing for damage.
(6) Inspect indicator ring for damage.
(7) Inspect adapter bearing for damage.
(8) Inspect shaft for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components.