5-33. DARNING SEWING MACHINE OIL GUARD, NEEDLE BAR CRANK MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Install washer retaining (1), arm shaft bearing (2), adapter bearing (3) and adapter sleeve (4) into
(2) Place pulley (5) onto the belt and slide belt and pulley (5) into access hole. Position pulley (5)
with flat side to the rear Slide shaft assembly (6) through pulley (5) and into the arm shaft bearing
(7). Secure with screw (8). Ensure screw (8) goes into hole in the shaft (3) and shaft (3) goes
through the loose belt.
(2) Install setscrew (9) over screw (8).
(3) Install setscrew (10).
(4) Loosely install two setscrews (11).
(5) Install setscrew (12) through machine housing.
(6) Slide belt onto top pulley (5). Ensure belt is on the top pulley first then walk the belt onto the
(7) Install washer (13), needle bar crank assembly (14) on the end of the shaft assembly (6). Secure
with setscrews (15 and 16). Ensure that the "s" is over the marking you placed on the shaft
previously. Lightly tap on both sides to ensure that there is no side-to-side movement.
Setscrew (11) lines up with the "S" mark and ensure it goes in hole of shaft.
(8) Tighten two setscrews (11).