5-37. DARNING SEWING MACHINE REAR SHAFT BEARING MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin Use
only in well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F,
Item 2) or a medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect bearing for damage.
(3) Inspect washer for damage.
(4) Inspect sleeve for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts and the removal of burrs.