5-38. DARNING SEWING MACHINE FRONT SHAFT BEARING MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in well-ventilated area an d avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect bearing for damage or excessive wear.
(3) Inspect oil wick for damage or excessive wear.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts and the removal of burrs.