5-44. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE AUTOMATIC THREAD TENSION DISKS AND RELEASE DISK,
SPRING, AND STUDS - continued .
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect spring for broken coils and corrosion.
(3) Inspect disks for damage.
(4) Inspect studs for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components with serviceable ones.
(1) Turn the studs (1 and 2) clockwise and install them into the machine arm.
Facing tension disk shall form a pulley.
(2) Install the two tension disks (3) and the spring (4) over
the stud (1).
(3) Install the two thread tension disks (5), the release
disk (6) and the spring (7) over the stud (2).
(4) Install the tension stud thumb nuts (8).
Refer to paragraph 4-49p to adjust the automatic thread tension.