5-46. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE CRANK AND NEEDLE BAR GUIDE WITH SHAFT AND BUSHING.
This task covers:
INITIAL SETUP :
Equipment Condition :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B,
Thread removed (para. 2-13).
Rag, wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix F, Item 8)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 1)
(1) Place the machine on its side to gain
access to its bottom. Remove end cover.
(2) Loosen the screw (1) from the crank (2).
(3) Slide the needle guide shaft assembly
(3) and the spring (4) from the
(5) Remove the spring (4) from the needle
(6) Remove the setscrew (5) that secures
the bushing (6) to the machine, and
Remove the two screws (1) that secure the
finger (2) to the needle guide (3) and
remove the finger (2) from the needle guide (3).