5-46. BUTION SEWING MACHINE CRANK AND NEEDLE GUIDE WITH SHAFT AND BUSHING - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect screws for damage.
(2) Inspect finger for damage.
(3) Inspect needle guide for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective items.
Install the finger (1) to the needle guide (2). Secure with
two screws (3). Ensure that a thread can pass between the
end of the finger (1) and the sharp edge of the needle