5-47. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE THREAD LOOPER SHAFT, LINK, CAM, AND CRANK MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect looper for damage.
(3) Inspect needle guide cam for damage.
(4) Inspect shaft for straightness and for damage.
(5) Inspect crank for damage.
(6) Inspect cam for damage and excessive wear.
(7) Inspect link for damage
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts.