5-52. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE LIFTING LEVER MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect lower and upper plate for damage.
(3) Inspect lifting holder for damage.
(4) Inspect lifting lever for damage.
(5) Inspect connecting lever for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components with serviceable ones.