BUTTON SEWING MACHINE FEED AND NEEDLE PLATE MAINTENANCE continued.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect feed plate spring for broken coils and corrosion.
(3) Inspect regulator plate for damage.
(4) Inspect feed plate block for damage.
(5) Inspect feed carrier plate for damage.
(6) Inspect block guide for damage.
(7) Inspect feed plate block for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to to the replacement of defective components with serviceable ones
(1) Install regulator feed plate (1), feed plate spring (2), regulator screw (4) and spring screw (3).
(2) Install screw (5), roller (6), and stud (7).
Make sure that the large end of the tapered hole in the lever and the regulator feed plate line up.
(3) Install carrier arm (10), secure by driving arm pin (9) through carrier arm (10) and the regulator feed
(4) Install set screw (11) into the carrier arm (10).
(5) Install stud nut handle (17) into the side block nut (16).
(6) Install the feed plate block (12), slide block stud (13), feed plate carrier (14). Secure with washer (15)
and slide block nut (16).
(7) Install feed plate block (18) and guide block (19). Secure with four screws (20).
(8) Install front top cover (21) and the needle plate (22). Secure with six screws (23).