5-56. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE VIBRATING LEVER MA INTENANCE continued.
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc, by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin Use
only in a wellventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect needle bar lever for damage.
(3) Inspect vibrating lever arm for damage.
(4) Inspect needle bar slides for damage or excessive wear.
(5) Inspect lower needle stud for damage
Repair. Repair is limited to deburring and the replacement of defective components.
(1) Install the vibrating lever arm (1) into the needle bar lever (2). Secure with guide play roller (3), lever
arm screw (4) and the lockwasher (5)and washer (24).
(2) Install stud (6), roller (7) and screw (8).
(3) Install bracket stud (9) into the needle bar bracket (10) and secure with setscrew (11).
(4) Install needle bar bracket (10), needle bar slide (12), bracket hinge stud (13), and setscrew (14).
Make sure the flat on the bracket hinge stud (13) lines up with setscrew (14). Tighten setscrew (14).